Thursday, December 6, 2007

Surprise! I survived!!

I was talking to Chalonn yesterday and she reminded me that I have had some pretty freaky surprise experiences in my life! Here are just a few of them:

- Always just happend to sit on ANT PILES - age 3 to age 6.
- Had my two front teeth knocked out - lasting 2 years - age 5
- Ironing board fell on my head - still have the scar - age 8
- Fainted from serving steamy greenbeans in the school cafeteria - age 10
- Got stitches in the forehead from a flying penny - age 12
- Crashed into a parked car when rolling down passenger window for a dog - age 15
- Woke up paralyzed twice - could NOT move for 3 days - once age 6; once age 18
- Was in a rollover accident (not driving) on icy roads - age 19
- Got a tiny peice of debris stuck in my eye - scary Chilean doctor shooting me with a needle right in lens - age 20.
- Got electricuted while plugging in an alarm clock underneath the bed; came out with a black finger and fried hair - age 22
- Got in a scooter accident in Taiwan- shredding my ankle against a brick wall - age 26
- Got electricuted AGAIN while flipping on a light-switch in wet swimsuit in Thailand - age 26

So this last week, upon finding myself in a hospital bed, I have to wonder what else is in store for me! I never thought I'd find myself:

- sitting in a plastic patio chair in my shower.
- falling off the bed and yelling to my husband down the hall to help me up.
- ordering breakfast with a walky-talky from my bed to my husband downstairs.
- drinking PRUNE juice!
- taking a daily walk from my bed to the other room and back - just for fun.

ENOUGH SAID - Bed rest has it's benies!

5 comments:

Chalonn said...

ha ha! Can we laugh any harder about all this? Easy for me, but I hope you're joining me....wish I had a walkie talkie and could help you out a bit....

Leslee said...

Man, I can't imagine being on bedrest. I guess the only good thing out of it is that you have PLENTY of time for blogging! And when did the Chilean doctor thing happen? Before your mission?

The Probert Family said...

I'm dying!!! I cannot believe your luck.

LeeElle said...

Sad yet funny. Glad you're doing better. Silver lining of all of this?- You have more time to blog:) Things are starting to slow down for me so maybe this week we can get together.

Michelle Cox said...

Man, I remember the roll-over. I wasn't there, but that's when we was roomies back in the day! I'm so glad you guys were okay. I remember it took months for the mechanics in I.F. to fix Sarah's SUV.

You're obviously one tough mama!