Friday, January 6, 2012

December of JOY!

The first thing we did once Thanksgiving was over was bring home a Tree. Pax found the holder and sat on it - "i go to da toilet!"
My favorite pose every year since I was a teenager was the one where the Dad is under the tree trying to get it straight...Nothing looks funnier to me than these classic poses
(or the frusteration that the Dads express in getting it just right!) My Dad did it, and now I see my boy's Dad doing it. But look at the boys - maybe it's male thing.
In the beginning of the month we talked about the true Christmas story. Then asked Kalem to retell it, in his own words...
One of our favorite Christmas Gifts this year were lots of VISITORS!!!

Duerdens came to DL with the in-laws and stopped in for a few days with us! Unfortunately, their one big day with us - I WAS DEATHLY ILL and so I sent them to go do something fun. They explored the CA Science Museum with Kalem. He loved the one on one special date. Thanks guys - I was sad to miss out!

Fortunately, day 2, I felt a million times better, and I got to go out with them to see the coast.
Me and my sisto!! I love my sisters! Both of us are pregnant. You wouldn't know it, but she is 3 weeks ahead of me! She has Torso powers.
I love this shot cause these kids are adorable, but check out the man in the background with the cool binocs. Mat never leaves home with out them!
We love Cousins!!

Check'n out some Tide Pools.
And get a little wet!
Jump'n rocks.
It was FUN!

We also got a fun visit from Mom & Dad, Chantel, Devin & Ashley for the exciting weekend of the Kevin's wedding! We loved seeing the cousins! Most of the Gonzos, the Bonds, & Cory. Oh, it was so lovely! Sadly, I didn't get a lot of pictures from their visit.
Christmas Eve was full of good food, a Christmas Nativity (below), and...
opening some awesome new pjs!
This is what Eric and Nikki were doing after the rest of us went to bed...playing with Nikki's camera...waiting for the real Santa.
The few pictures we took the next morning...The kids were having so much fun! They got way over-stimulated though and needed to take a break from opening presents. We had so much fun.
Here's the Christmas Team...after all the paper was gone...showing off their gifts!
Fun year! Good bye 2011!

1 comment:

Molly said...

chelise i miss you! congratulations on #3 coming!!! I love checking in with you blog style.