Monday, April 18, 2011

Eject Lego Please

Last week during Church, Kalem found a little round Lego thing on the floor.

First thought in my head: "Perfect! Something to entertain the boy for a few minutes of peace and sanity during Church!"

Thought in Eric's head: "Better take that away from the boy." (Yes, he is the more careful parent between us, and I always think he worries too much.)
Only moments passed and somehow the boy got it stuck in his nose. Grrrrrrrr!!

Eric whisked him out to blow it out. Nothing.

He didn't complain about it though, so I chose to stall until it became more urgent to take him in.

7 days later (today) it was time to face the little red demon inside his left nostril! At our second doc visit in two days, I told Kalem everything that was going to happen and had him repeat it so that he understood that he needed to remain calm while the doc helped him. Kalem agreed to every word I said because I bribed him, but the second the doc came in, Kalem started the screaming and knashing - forgetting everything I said about staying calm.

So, I had to hold Kalem down with all my strength while the nurse held his head with all hers and the doc stuck a funnel into his nose and tweezed the plastic piece out. I almost kissed the ENT when he pulled the little sucker out!

AH! Now I can rest in peaceful sleep tonight - no more nightmare about LEGOS! And happy Kalem's little nose feels - so free and EMPTY!

4 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

The same thing happened with a bead to my Piper. It was horrible watching the doctor get it out.I am glad everything turned out okay!!! I love your blog. So glad to see your boys growing up this way!

Jessica said...

That is too funny! Glad it all worked out!

Angie said...

Oh man! 7 days?? SO glad he got that out, lol. Hope you guys are doing well! Miss ya!

David and Deena said...

I was SO happy when you called and yelled, "It's out! It's out!" Now for your confession that you did the same thing when you were little. How did I miss that?