July was the best EVER! It began with the gathering of these guys:
The Christensen Family Reunion (aka Rocky Mountain Rondevous) was in Idaho. We are living in a material world and she is NO material girl...at least we think.
We spent 3 days at a big huge cabin overlooking the Snake River & the Grand Tetons. Gorgeous! The first day a bunch of the adults were down below (view from picture below) playing volleyball down on the grass next to the river. Kalem and the younger boys were up on the tall deck playing and all the sudden Kalem was seen climbing up on the top of the rail! Stomach dropping veiw from below...everyone yelling for him to get down. Scary! He was just being "cool".
K & P got to participate in their first grandkid Treasure Hunt! 
Captain Grandpa & his crew.
Yep, we watched the 4th of July Firework show from a warm jacuzzi. And snacking on fresh cherries.
Then back at the Burg, most everyone left - even Eric went home to work (frown) - while I was lucky enough to linger a little longer at G&G's to make messes...
Savor lunch everyday in the park.
Get some one on one.
One day I asked Kalem if he wanted to go on a date with Grampa, and he casually answered, "Mmm, Nope." I asked the next day and he said the same thing. Then the next day he seemed a little more brave, so we went with it and QUICKLY, before he could change his mind, buckled Kalem into Dad's big truck and the two went for a date to the DQ. Success! Anything for ice cream! 
Wrestling Grandpa on the lushious Idaho grass. This is a favorite spot at their house...Kalem calls it the hot lava rock. So romantic.
The Christensen Family Reunion (aka Rocky Mountain Rondevous) was in Idaho. We are living in a material world and she is NO material girl...at least we think. The other 386 hours we were there, this is where you could find Kalem: anywhere Landon was! The trampoline, the sprinklers, the toy room, the hot lava rock. He had so much fun, and I hardly even saw the kid! Boys rule. 


SO much fun!! July recharged us bigtime!
4 comments:
What a fun post! What a fun reunion! Makes me MISS Rexburg and tugs at my heart strings!
Chelise... I miss you guys so much. Next time we need to figure out how to have Mother discussions with zero interuptions. Is that even possible. I adore you and Eric and your kids. Landon LOVES Kalem. Can't wait to hang out again.
Oh these pictures make me smile with the memories. So fun!
Delightful!!! I want to play!!!!
Post a Comment