Friday, January 16, 2009

Southern California Half Marathon:

I may be a fool, but I'm not alone. My latest running mate, Karene, (one of the gazelles) and I crossed the finish-line proudly last Saturday. For the first time in all of my running career, I was NOT sore or gasping for air upon finishing! Thanks to Karene! I've really loved our 5 am chats! Here is my former Half Marathon partner. He hurt his knee this year, so he's assistant to the "Waterboy". Can't race without 'em...

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Chelise! You're my HERO!!!!

Kirk and Jamie said...

We love your new picture on your blog, very cute. Congrats on the race, you two are amazing. I am so glad you are having fun together.

Shannon said...

...also...shall I sing the "proud of you" song? Ok, pull my arm! "proud of you, I'm proud of you. I hope that you are proud of you too. Proud of you I'm proud of youuuuuuuu! I hope that you are proud-of-you-too!!"

Love ya Chelise!

Team L said...

Wow...you are my inspiration to get out there and start jogging again. I love your picture of your family! You guys are too cute!
Lily & Conrad
lilyandconrad.blogspot.com

Kirsten Treff said...

Hey, I just found your blog through the Lujans...feel free to check us out at thedktrefflichs.blogspot.com
Kirsten

The Probert Family said...

YOU DID IT!! Way to go. My favorite thing is that you ran a half marathon a couple weeks ago...like it was no big deal. No wonder this one was so bad.

Must be that distilled water. Let's talk more about eating healthy.

Chalonn said...

Wow Chelise, I feel like I don't even know you anymore..I am a bad sis for not even asking about this...anyway, I am super proud of you..I wish I could be your running partner!

Mat said...

Gosh I'm jealous. Oh great, I'm getting blog-envy. Let's do another race together sometime. Signed: Yours truly, can't run for 3 more months.

Michelle Cox said...

WAY TO GO! You are amazing! I started up running last year, but hurt my knee and can't run more than a couple miles now before it starts to hurt and then I'm limping for a couple days. Bummer.