Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Final Hours of 2008...

December 31st: Kalem leaves the past behind him and looks forward to the coming New Year...He's 10 months.We took a run down to the cloudy beach to say good-bye to the OLD year.
It was cold. Kalem was sad to say good-bye.
But cheered right up on the swings.
We celeberated N.Y.E. with a nice romantic dinner. I made rice for one of the first times EVER. (I even packed it into a molded cup like I remember the Chilean's did - I liked that). But then, I remembered why I hate making rice: It sticks to EVERYTHING!! I especially hate how it feels on the bottom of my feet. I bit my tongue while little peices dropped to the carpet beneath Kalems chair. Grrrrrr!
But dinner and our Celebration of the Year was exciting - despite the irritating sticky rice. At midnight we walked our suitcase across the dark street so that we can travel in '09! Here we come! Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

So fun! I love how you made the rice into the cup mold. Bless those Chileans! Sticky rice is the best, but I have to agree that I don't like it so much when I step on it either.

Chelise, I don't know if I ever sent you an invite to my blog after I put it on private setting. Will you email me so I can send it to you? email me at myrbonnebizness@gmail.com

Love ya!
Shan

Taneil said...

Sounds so fun! Your little guy is so cute! I want to meet him. We are thinking of coming to CA in October. The whole Brown clan! We will have to meet up with you!

David and Deena said...

Such a fun welcoming of the new year. We are hopeing to see you this year in Guatemala. Kalem is so adorable...he has added so much to your lives! Enjoy the beach a little for me. Mom C

Chalonn said...

Wow..you really did the suitcase thing huh...fun tradition. The food looks delicious...rice is a lot easier to clean up if you let it dry first...that's a trick I've learned over the years...