We love being parents to this boy. Several times in the last month, Eric and I have caught ourselves just staring at him or watching him in awe. We can't believe he is ours. He has his own personality and spirit. I keep thinking how lucky Kalem is. He came to a home with both his biological parents. He has his mom, and his dad. The two people, who for years - long before we were even married, dreampt of him. He was born into THE MARRIAGE that created him. Marriage was first! He has no idea how blessed he is. We are feeling it. 

Sorry it's not vertical! I can't figure out how to rotate it! Grrrr.
Sorry it's not vertical! I can't figure out how to rotate it! Grrrr.
10 comments:
You guys are F-U-N! We are so blessed to know what we know and have what we have. Thanks for all your doing there with Prop 8!
Super, super, super CUTE!!!
I love how chill Kalem is, what a fun FHE! Go, Fight, WIN on prop 8!!
Hi Baird Family,
When I saw you, Eric, yesterday you definitely caught me off guard. I'd love it if you'd be willing to read an article written by an active LDS lawyer. This is how his article starts off...
"Most of the arguments contained in 'Six Consequences' are either untrue or misleading. The following commentary addresses those arguments and explains how they are based on misinterpretations of law and fact. My intent is to be of service in helping our Church avoid charges of using falsehoods to gain a political victory. I do NOT believe these s-called 'consequences' have originated at or been approved by Church headquarters; rather, i suspect they are the result of overzealous volunteers who have misinterpreted CA law and the legal cases on which the supposed consequences depend. Relying on deceptive arguments is not only contrary to gospel principles, but ultimately works against the very mission of the Church."
I too always respected that Mormons were always honest people and it's disheartening what Prop 8 has brought out of this group.
If you are willing to read the article please e-mail me at torirwilson@gmail.com and I'll send it your way.
Sincerely,
Tori
I was very pleased with your opening statement and thankful beyond words that we understand the doctrine of families. You have a beautiful one!
While I think it is great that you have been blessed with a family, I think it is important to know and acknowledge that there are many American in same-sex marriages who also have amazing families. Just because they do not fall into your definition of what a "traditional" family is does not mean there is any less love, compassion, trust, understanding and values in their homes. Like you they entered into their marriages with the same fundamental ideas, to be in a loving and committed relationship. And like you they chose to create a family out of love and to be able to experience the same joys that you have been blessed with in having the privilege of being a parent. I think it is important and necessary to support my friends who will be negatively affected if prop 8 passes, because as Americans, we are all entitled to the same basic human rights and the right to have the best life possible.
In addition, having been raised in a Mormon home, I was taught not to judge or discriminate against others and to follow the golden rule "to do unto others as you would have done unto you." This was something I was taught as early as in primary and I continue to live by these words. I only hope that you do not raise your son to have bias or judgement against others and to have respect for the differences in people that continue to make our country diverse and great! How would you feel if your son grew up in a world that tried to deprive him of living a life that made him happy?
By the by, Steve Young and his wife are voting "no" on prop 8 and donated $50,000 to the fight!
Yay for Prop 8!!! I'm so glad it won! Your little boy is so dang cute and yes...very blessed.
let's not be sore losers here. democracy prevailed.
thanks for the post chelise.
Hi Chelise!
It's your old friend Amber (Fullmer) Webb from Rexburg(I'm posting under my hubby's name.) I happened upon your darling family's blog because my cousin is serving in your dad's mission and I recognized his name on the welcome letter and he had a link from his website to your blog...blah.blah.blah:) Looks like you are living in CA and having a fabulous time! What a cute little boy you have! I don't have a blog for you to check out my little brood...But I just wanted to say hi and it's fun to see how you are:)
love, Amber
p.s. If you're ever in San Antonio, look us up!
Post a Comment